Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Temporarily bypassing ? a Hot surface ignition system on a GEelectric oven

On 1/17/21 10:15 AM, BKCustoms wrote:
Hi I can understand and appreciate all the reasons for safety switches
and features on a home appliance. What my question pertains to is not a
home used appliance tho. I'm building a bake oven for powder coating and
I have a nice sized steel lined insulated aluminum box with three H type
propane grill burners all piped into it and it works very well except I
have to manually regulate the temp using the shut off valve on the
propane tank as a choker. I recently found an old gas stove manifold
with the four burner valves and the thermo coupler oven valve. My
question is about how I would go about piping this thing into my system
to simply regulate the temperature. I can manually light it and just
shut the tank off when finished.. after all the time and money it takes
to prep items being powder coated it's nothing to babysit this rig for a
short twenty mins while using but it's a bit much to have to keep watch
of temp and keep adjusting the whole twenty mi s and I feel like the
oven valve with thermostat is the key to my success in this process. Can
anyone tell me how I would go about making this a functional reality?

Well, Amazon has this.
Robertshaw 4350-027 $130