Posted to alt.home.repair
BKCustoms BKCustoms is offline

Default Temporarily bypassing ? a Hot surface ignition system on a GE electric oven

Hi I can understand and appreciate all the reasons for safety switches and features on a home appliance. What my question pertains to is not a home used appliance tho. I'm building a bake oven for powder coating and I have a nice sized steel lined insulated aluminum box with three H type propane grill burners all piped into it and it works very well except I have to manually regulate the temp using the shut off valve on the propane tank as a choker. I recently found an old gas stove manifold with the four burner valves and the thermo coupler oven valve. My question is about how I would go about piping this thing into my system to simply regulate the temperature. I can manually light it and just shut the tank off when finished.. after all the time and money it takes to prep items being powder coated it's nothing to babysit this rig for a short twenty mins while using but it's a bit much to have to keep watch of temp and keep adjusting the whole twenty mi s and I feel like the oven valve with thermostat is the key to my success in this process. Can anyone tell me how I would go about making this a functional reality?

--
For full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...n-a-41452-.htm