Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Battery Technology.

The thing is, every since the very beginning of electricity being used,
people have tried to store it efficiently. It has not been possible to
increase this efficiency. I mean a two lake system and a pump is not very
portable, and most of the other ways to produce it also use one form of
energy to make electricity, and one assumes if everyone switched off, the
generators would still have to run due to the inherent losses.

It really will take a lot longer to crack the problem, and as one knows
from hydrogen storage the greater the density the more dangerous the fuel.
Just fire a nail gun into a modern laptop battery and see what happens.
Not something to do while standing by it or indoors.

Brian

The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
On 16/01/2021 11:46, Andy Burns wrote:
harry wrote:

https://qz.com/1588236/how-we-get-to...-breakthrough/

If they knew how to get there, why haven't they?

If batteries had been 10 times better than they are we would never have
developed the internal combustion engine.

People think engineering is easy. Its not., Its ****ing hard.

--
"Ideas are inherently conservative. They yield not to the attack of other
ideas but to the massive onslaught of circumstance"

- John K Galbraith