Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default TOT JW letter

On Sat, 16 Jan 2021 14:39:26 +0000, Adrian Caspersz
wrote:

On 16/01/2021 14:23, GB wrote:
On 16/01/2021 12:47, alan_m wrote:

I’ve just received a handwritten (photo-copied) letter delivered by my
postman from the Jehovah’s Witnesses. Handwritten address on envelope
(to householder) with 2nd class stamp.

Apparently if you go to their web site they will explain why their god
has been such a vindictive ******* in targetting the old and
vulnerable in society with the Covid virus. It is all explained in
their bible.

The Spanish Flu pandemic targeted the young and healthy. Which is better?

As an interest, some humans look at other animals and say 'ah, cute!'.

Most do I'd say, to some animal or the other. We even take our
children to the local farm, after telling them to be kind / gentle to
all the animals, then we kill the animals for them to eat?

When our daughter first learned that she was disgusted but we
continued with her indoctrination and normalisation of that conflict
of her / our morals till she worked it out for herself and stopped
being conflicted (by becoming vegan).

These animals are somewhere themselves in a food chain,

'It's actually mesh though', the interrelationships aren't linear
like a chain.

and are killers
as well as food.

Many aren't, other than of plants, eg, all the herbivores?

They are in the game, for survival.

Exactly ... and nature has generally worked a balance between the two,
for all the species that haven't been over-predated into extinction
etc. I think there needs to be a ratio of 1:10 (predator / prey by
biomass) for the predators to survive.

Most wouldn't think
twice about having me for a meal.

Few of the herbivores would? ;-)

Same with viruses.

I'm sure Covid looks 'cute' to another microorganism, and if they had
the means, they would build a 'virus zoo', organise petitions, do fund
raising and support the banning of dangerous chemicals like, er, bleach ...

;-)

Do they have "rights"?

I think the decision over if they have or haven't is down to
sentience. A plant / bacteria can move as in a reaction to things but
not because they have made a conscious decision to, so taking away the
option to wouldn't be an infringement of their 'rights'. Of course we
need bacteria to survive so we couldn't even label all as good / bad
so the good bacterial need protecting.

Exploitation or symbiosis?

Cheers, T i m