Posted to uk.d-i-y
Fredxx[_4_] Fredxx[_4_] is offline

Default Fishing.

In article ,
Fredxx wrote:
On 15/01/2021 17:09, nightjar wrote:
In article ,
Scion wrote:
On Fri, 15 Jan 2021 14:09:24 +0000, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

If anyone had told me all those years ago that the industry which voted
Brexit perhaps more than any other would be one of the first to start
moaning when it was 'done' I'm not sure I'd have believed it.

Is the moaning just as loud from those fishermen who sold their
quotas to
foreign firms?

Just read a minister saying the answer was for us to eat more fishery
products. Now I know what they really meant by getting back control.
Telling us what we have to eat.

Is that the Fisheries Minister who was too busy to read the Brexit Deal
because she was organising a nativity trail?

She seems to have a balanced work - life ethic. If I was PM I wouldn't
expect her read the document on Christmas Eve either, nor would I expect
a Civil Servant to brief her on the same day.

Perhaps you'd like that extended to every single worker in the country
(where possible)? No? Just why would that be?

Of course some poor sod in a shop forced to work Xmas eve doesn't matter.

That is their choice. I would say if you really don't want to work
Christmas Eve you really ought to have chosen an alternative career.
There is always a choice.

Thankfully my line of work is I can generally choose my days off.

I also wonder if her opinion would have counted for much. If she had
said no, do you really think that would have changed the whole deal? In
reality I would expect her to already have put forward the most
important salient points and let those with the bigger picture get on
with it.

If she had read the deal, do you think the result would now be different?

If she had rang Boris and said 'no' would he have taken much notice? I
sincerely doubt it. As others have said fisheries are a small portion of
the UK economy, but still much larger than Harrod's turnover.