Posted to uk.d-i-y
Nightjar Nightjar is offline

Default Fishing.

On 16/01/2021 01:38, Fredxx wrote:
On 15/01/2021 17:09, nightjar wrote:
In article ,
Â*Â*Â* Scion wrote:
On Fri, 15 Jan 2021 14:09:24 +0000, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

If anyone had told me all those years ago that the industry which
voted
Brexit perhaps more than any other would be one of the first to start
moaning when it was 'done' I'm not sure I'd have believed it.

Is the moaning just as loud from those fishermen who sold their
quotas to
foreign firms?

Just read a minister saying the answer was for us to eat more fishery
products. Now I know what they really meant by getting back control.
Telling us what we have to eat.

Is that the Fisheries Minister who was too busy to read the Brexit
Deal because she was organising a nativity trail?

She seems to have a balanced work - life ethic. If I was PM I wouldn't
expect her read the document on Christmas Eve either, nor would I expect
a Civil Servant to brief her on the same day.

If he were not going to expect that, he should not have left so little
time between getting a deal and ending the transition period. As it was,
his obstinacy in sticking to a rigid timetable put an obligation on his
Ministers to check the deal in detail as soon as they got it.

--
Colin Bignell