Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default How is the vaccine distributed in the UK

In article ,
bert wrote:
In article , Tim Streater
writes
On 15 Jan 2021 at 11:30:58 GMT, alan_m wrote:

On 15/01/2021 08:37, Andy Burns wrote:
Brian Gaff wrote:

I have a feeling that as the first out of the starting block was the
other
one, then no real plan has been laid down

The UK has ordered 40 million Pfizer, 100 million AstraZeneca and 17
million Moderna, sounds like enough for two doses each even if there's a
bit of wastage ...

According to one of the Government ministers the UK has ordered 300
million doses - but this includes vaccines that are still in the trial
stage.

They were *all* in the trial stage when ordered, weren't they?

Yup, that's why we are ahead of Europe. We checked progress at each
stage as it went along. The EU would do nothing until the trials were
completed.

You really should check facts. Any country in the EU is perfectly free to
authorise a drug for use in their own country. It may well have to conform
if it wishes to export it to other EU countries. But that isn't the issue
here.

--
*He who dies with the most toys is, nonetheless, dead.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.