Posted to uk.d-i-y
Fredxx[_4_] Fredxx[_4_] is offline

Default How is the vaccine distributed in the UK

On 15/01/2021 16:16, PeterC wrote:
On Fri, 15 Jan 2021 15:54:21 +0000, Fredxx wrote:

On 15/01/2021 08:04, Rod Speed wrote:
jon wrote
I have a preference for the Oxford jab.

Why when it clearly produces a worse result ?

Some article say immunity result were different because of alternative
criteria of success.

The numbers are 90, 94.5 and 95% for Oxford, Moderna and Pfizer
respectively. Not much in it and in all cases likely to minimise
symptoms even if not 100% effective.

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-...mpare-12134062

According to people from Oxford etc. the AZ one has been in development for
about 10 years, so not rushed out this year. I suppose that trials hadn't
statrted befor Covid because there was no need for them.
Also, there hasn't been a case (yet!) of anyone in the trials of AZ actually
getting Covid that has been symptomatic. It would be my preference,
especially with 12 wees to wait for the second dose and Pfizer not
recommending that gap.

This article gives a very compact and incomplete history but gives a
good flavour and is a reputable source.
https://www.bmj.com/content/372/bmj.n86