Posted to alt.home.repair
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default selling a house

In article , "frank says...
"Using 2007 ACS data, it is estimated that a person in the United
States can expect to move 11.7 times in their lifetime based upon the
current age structure and average rates and allowing for no more than
one move per single year."

That isnt true with adults his age.

Not true for me either and we do not know about the op. I had heard
that the average person moves every 7 years and the google reference is
similar.

Those numbers may be average, but I just can not believe them for the
majority of the "normal" people.

Maybe they count the military as everyting they change bases as a move ?

Others may be the low rent people that rent a place, let the payments
mount up and then move.

I would think more normal may be like move out of the house you are born
in, move into a starter home when married, maybe move once more and then
the empty nest home, and then to the old age home, maybe they count the
move to the grave ?