louis

Default removing glued carpet over vynal tile

i have a house in which someone placed carpet over the original
(cheap) tile (circa 1970) the carpet is glued on the vinyl. I wish to
remove the carpet and overlay the original tile with a new medium
grade viynl tile.

Is there anything I can soak the carpet with to make the removal
easier? I have some concern of the possibilitty of asbesius in the
original tile.

If some bits of old tile are pulled up can I just fit in cheap tile to
fill the holes then put new tile over it without ripping out all the
old tile. Sq. ft. is about 220.

thanks
stan