Posted to uk.d-i-y
alan_m alan_m is offline

Default Thunderbird Add-on: Hiding 'Reply to Sender' button forNewsgroups

In article ,
Mike Clarke wrote:
On 11/01/2021 17:41, Adrian Caspersz wrote:
Just found this useful Thunderbird add-on

https://addons.thunderbird.net/en-US...bar-customize/

The reply button was driving me nuts!

Thanks for the info. Having twice recently clicked 'Reply' by mistake
instead of 'Followup' that plugin is much appreciated.

Can you explain? Most reply to an email if needed. So what on earth is
follow up?

On the newsgroup tool bar there is a follow-up button and a reply
button. The former sends a reply/post to the newsgroup while the latter
sends an email to the poster.

Many people in the past have hidden the reply button or moved it out of
the way. In recent Thunderbird updates the reply button has appeared in
the most dominant position and unlike in the past there is no inbuilt
means of removing or moving the button on the tool bar. I had my
follow-up button positioned in the left hand location on the toolbar and
when, on the update, the reply button appeared in that position I found
that more often than not I hit that button rather than the follow-up button.

After a request on this newsgroup a few months back I was directed to
the plug-in that allowed repositioning and hiding of the tool bar
buttons. I've since seen a couple more posts about the wanting to hide
the reply button on Thunderbirds newsgroup tool-bar so it's not just me
and the OP of this thread who found that the positioning of the reply
button was annoying.