Posted to uk.d-i-y
charles charles is offline

Default Blanced flue gas fire

In article , Chris Green
wrote:
polygonum_on_google wrote:
On Wednesday, 13 January 2021 at 16:45:38 UTC, Jimmy Stewart wrote:
Why? Not flueless.

they are not doing conventional ones either now.....check first

I can certainly find installers offering quotes.

Could explain why balanced flue gas fires are no longer being
fitted?

well here is a quote from a gas safe installer I contacted
recently......"I'm sorry to say we, like most gas fitters have
decided not to fit flueless or conventional gas fires as the rules
make it very difficult".....

To my mind there are three different types aren't the-

Conventional - with a flue going up a chimney or similar, draw air
from room

Balanced Flue - Both air in and fumes out go via a hole in the wall,
no need for chimney, doesn't draw air from room

Flueless - No flue of any sort, draws air from room, exhausts to
room. Needs careful design to be sure gas fully burnt to CO2, needs
good ventilation.

I remember buying a flueless heater for our first house 1960s. by 1970, I'd
installed central heating with a balanced flue boiler.

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England