Posted to uk.d-i-y
charles charles is offline

Default Solar panels - nuisance calls

In article ,
Andrew wrote:
On 13/01/2021 15:21, Jonathan wrote:
On Wednesday, January 13, 2021 at 3:05:41 PM UTC, Chris J Dixon wrote:
Peter Johnson wrote:

Anyone else with solar panels receiving calls from someone asking if
they are working alright and if the feed in tarrif payments are coming
through?
AFAIK, the list of those who have panels installed is publicly
available.

I have had two categories of callers, one wants to sell me
air-to-air heat exchangers to "make use of my generated
electricity", whilst the others claim, wrongly, that my original
installer is no longer in business, so they can offer to "take
care of" my system.

I generally send them off with a flea in their ear, unless I am
bored, in which case I attempt a little education.

We get them for our solar panels and our solar hot water tubes. They claim for the latter that they have maintained them in the past (not true), we have never had them maintained, and when I tell them that they insist the systemy must need it. I always ask them why - in a good summer, we have had free hot water for weeks. They obviously are still working fine over ten years since we had them installed.

Jonathan

Solar water panels should still be usable even in overcast weather
(unlike solar PV), so even in winter you should get some benefit.

I remember seeing (about 10 years ago) a house with solar water panels
after a lot of snow. The snow had melted off the panels.

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England