Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tricky Dicky[_4_] Tricky Dicky[_4_] is offline

Default Remote outside light

On Wednesday, 13 January 2021 at 08:50:29 UTC, Jeff Layman wrote:
On 13/01/2021 06:57, Andy Burns wrote:
Paul wrote:

Brite Source LED Corn Light [claims 135 lumens per watt, unlikely]

Apparently you *can* buy 200 lumen/watt lamps,
but only if you live in Dubai ...

https://youtu.be/klaJqofCsu4

Very Interesting. Although it pointedly mentions Philips and criticises
them, all the other domestic LED lamp manufacturers must know about
underrunning lamps to increase their life too.

--

Jeff

Mike I got to ask what are you trying illuminate? I have a 30W LED flood light that well illuminates the target area of approx 25m2 and beyond. If need be I could work by it except being a single point of light you would have shadows to contend with. 100W you are talking about tennis courts and car parks.

Here is one example

https://www.cef.co.uk/catalogue/prod...ht-4000k-black

Have you considered using a PIR so it only illuminates when needed it will save on costs. As for remote operation I have used some plug in timers that work on WiFi for the external Xmas lights these have worked through two walls over a distance of 10m in the garage. The timer can be overridden using either the app or Alexa.

Richard