Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Computer keyboard problem

The Logitek wireless keyboards are very good.
Just one more thought, if you have been reprogramming keys, then are you
absolutely sure you have not permanently left it programmed to do nothing at
all? I've seen this happen with laptops which allow toggling of the function
keys between laptop control and the original functions when there is
registry corruption due to a hard drive issue.
Brian

The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"newshound" wrote in message
On 12/01/2021 16:27, Bert Coules wrote:
I'd be grateful for any suggestions as to why one key - and only one
key - on my PC keyboard should suddenly have stopped working.

The key in question is f11 which I'm trying to program with a Word macro.
Until yesterday it was working perfectly with a slightly different
version of the same macro.

The keyboard is an admittedly quite elderly (and expensive, when bought)
Cherry model which in every other respect is working fine.

I've tried opening the case and cleaning the keyboard's innards, both
with a brush and an air spray. There's no visible damage either to the
underside of the board or (with the key cap removed) to the individual
switch.

Thanks.

IMHO decent keyboards are so cheap now that it is probably not worth
spending any more time on it. In "desktop" days I used to be very fussy
about keyboard action, it may be that having used a dozen or more laptops
in the past 20 years I have become more tolerant. I'm currently using an
HP keyboard that was £12 in Sainsburys (I bought it when I needed to fire
up a unix box, then it was in my spares box for a few years until the Dell
keyboard died).