Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Computer keyboard problem

First thing to try is that keyboard on another pc. One has to isolate that
it is indeed the keyboard and not some subtle key scanning fault in the pc.
Is there any electronics in the keyboard? Could be that its just a failed
logic gate and is probably unrepeatable.
Brian

The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Bert Coules" wrote in message
o.uk...
I'd be grateful for any suggestions as to why one key - and only one key -
on my PC keyboard should suddenly have stopped working.

The key in question is f11 which I'm trying to program with a Word macro.
Until yesterday it was working perfectly with a slightly different version
of the same macro.

The keyboard is an admittedly quite elderly (and expensive, when bought)
Cherry model which in every other respect is working fine.

I've tried opening the case and cleaning the keyboard's innards, both with
a brush and an air spray. There's no visible damage either to the
underside of the board or (with the key cap removed) to the individual
switch.

Thanks.