Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Computer keyboard problem

On 12/01/2021 16:53, newshound wrote:
On 12/01/2021 16:27, Bert Coules wrote:
I'd be grateful for any suggestions as to why one key - and only one
key - on my PC keyboard should suddenly have stopped working.

The key in question is f11 which I'm trying to program with a Word
macro. Until yesterday it was working perfectly with a slightly
different version of the same macro.

The keyboard is an admittedly quite elderly (and expensive, when
bought) Cherry model which in every other respect is working fine.

I've tried opening the case and cleaning the keyboard's innards, both
with a brush and an air spray.Â* There's no visible damage either to
the underside of the board or (with the key cap removed) to the
individual switch.

Thanks.

IMHO not very decent keyboards are so cheap now

....that they dont last more than 6 months before the keycaps are worn
out. I'll see how the 65 quid cherry lasts

--
The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to
rule.