Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] hubops@ccanoemail.ca is offline

Default What sort of internet download speeds are you guys getting

Thanks.
The router turbo hub is NetGear MBR1210 I can't see
any mention of the 5 ghz band in the literature.
John T.

It is a 2.4Ghz only router.
Too bad we are lockdown or I'd meet you at Schmitsville and trade you
a DIR815 dual band for lunch, John

OK .. I found an old D-Link DIR-815 in my box of goodies -
... on the 5 ghz band it was slightly faster within ~ 20 feet ;
- but almost zero signal in the basement
where the NetGear MBR1210 has good performance ;
it was about equal to the NetGear in the upstairs office.
It's possible that a newer & better 5 ghz router would
improve performance but I'm not suffering with what I have now.
Thanks all for the comments.
John T.