Posted to alt.home.repair
Clare Snyder Clare Snyder is offline

Default What sort of internet download speeds are you guys getting

On Mon, 11 Jan 2021 12:28:58 -0500, wrote:

On Mon, 11 Jan 2021 11:17:41 -0600, Mark Lloyd
wrote:

On 1/10/21 10:34 PM, Jim Joyce wrote:

[snip]

That router looks about 10 years old or so. I know people hate to upgrade
things that still work, but I agree that it seems to be 2.4GHz only.

I upgraded my router about 5 years ago when my internet speed went from
15Mbps to 50Mbps. The old router (Linksys WRT54G) could not handle the
current speed.

It would be nice to borrow a newer router and test it in my home -
my wife's covid home office is second floor bedroom - router is on
the main floor - the existing setup works - I wouldn't want to
compromise her work usage.
John T.

My modem is in the basement under an 8 inch steel beam and about 2
feet from the furnace ducts and I get 5Ghz connection on the second
floor at the far corner of the house, and on the back deck but not on
my driveway. House is 20X30