Posted to uk.d-i-y
Peter Johnson[_4_] Peter Johnson[_4_] is offline

Default Solar panels - nuisance calls

On Sun, 10 Jan 2021 22:33:56 +0000, Fredxx
wrote:

On 10/01/2021 17:46, Peter Johnson wrote:
Anyone else with solar panels receiving calls from someone asking if
they are working alright and if the feed in tarrif payments are coming
through?
I can never make out where they are calling from and as I don't own
the panels assume that whatever they are after is irrelevant to me.
I think it's the same people (a man and a woman) ringing each time.
Number withheld. I've usually just said it's of no interest to me or
not relevant and hang up. When I said was interested to know where
they had got my details from and that they shouldn't have any
information about me and the panels the woman hung up.
Anyone know what this is all about?

Do they ask for you by name?

They do know who I am and that I have solar panels.
They phoned again today, a different woman. She said that the company
is called Safe Direct Energy and that they want to check that the
solar installation was installed properly and is working properly.
Couldn't say whee they got my details from, citing data protection -
how strange.
There's no company called Safe Direct Energy registered with Companies
House.
The company that owns the panels soon knows if there's anything wrong
with the installation because the generation stops. When the inverter
packed up a couple of years ago they had someone round to change it in
a couple of days. (The electrician had several dead inverters in the
back of his van.)