Posted to alt.home.repair

Default broken ball valve lever handle replacement

On 1/11/2021 12:45 AM, MauiDave wrote:
I have a ball valve that controls water supply to an in ground sprinkler
system.Â* The handle on the valve rusted and broke off.Â* I can still turn
the valve using vice grips, but i want to replace the handle.Â* My
question is this... do I need to shut off the water main to the house in
order to change the handle?Â* Can I take the half inch nut off the top
and just change the handle without shutting the water main off?

I can't see exactly what you have but yes, you can take off the screw or
nut holding the handle and take the broken piece off. Reverse to
assemble. I've seen some that even come with a new nut.