Posted to alt.home.repair

Default What sort of internet download speeds are you guys getting

On Sun, 10 Jan 2021 13:50:49 +0000, Bod wrote:

(out of interest)

I assume those a long way from main towns get low speeds like some of us
here.

I am getting a solid 10-11 meg on DSL. I could get Comcast cable and
10x that speed but it would be down once or twice a day, sometimes all
day. I saw them running a new "hardline" down my street, replacing
that 35 year old cable that was up there on the pole so if I hear
their reliability improved, I might give them another chance.

I tried an LTE (cell) connection and it sucked balls. I could get
anywhere from 25+m to zero, (totally down). I think they just sent be
a bad box but support from Verison was non-existent. Nobody seemed to
know squat about this new product. I sent it back during the free
trial period.