Posted to alt.home.repair
Frank[_24_] Frank[_24_] is offline

Default What sort of internet download speeds are you guys getting

On 1/10/2021 10:40 AM, Ralph Mowery wrote:
In article ,
says...

40 down / 40 up ...
.. over home wifi , fiber fed ; 12 year old laptop and router.

https://www.sasktel.com/personal/int...est/speed-test

I got 235 down and 11 up going to that link . I am rated for 200 and 10
by the cable company.

My over 10 year old computer is connected through about 3 feet of wire
to the modem/router. I have noticed that on my laptop and another
computer that is wireless to the router I get around 50 for the down and
11 for the up . The laptop is only around 2 years old.

Just measured 720 down and 40 up using Ethernet connection to desk top.
WiFi might be a third that.