Posted to alt.home.repair
Bod[_3_] Bod[_3_] is offline

Default What sort of internet download speeds are you guys getting

On 10/01/2021 15:09, Ralph Mowery wrote:
In article ,
says...

(out of interest)

I assume those a long way from main towns get low speeds like some of us
here.

Not sure what you call a long way. I am about 8 to 10 road miles from
the main internet building ( not sure what to call the place where all
the equipment is) I assume that the internet goes along the road path as
most of it is on power poles. I am on the same 'wire' the cable company
uses for the TV and VOIP. They rate the basic service at 200 down and
10 up. I just checked and on 3 different places I get between 180 and
230 down and around 11 up.

The town is small with about 30,000 in the city limits.
I am about 40 miles from a large town of over 100,000.

Very good speeds, especially as it sounds that you are a long way from
the exchange.