Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default Gas boiler pressure too high

On Saturday, January 9, 2021 at 7:11:09 AM UTC-5, Dean Hoffman wrote:
On 1/9/21 4:37 AM, wrote: S

Water expands as you heat it. Maybe the bladder in the expansion tank has failed?

That's what my plumber said. He is replacing it today. Can anyone tell me what a reasonable price is to replace an expansion tank? I looked up the cost of the tank and it is about $250.

This is obvious but maybe there are a couple things you can do
ahead of time to speed the process. I don't know what they might be.
Then stay out his way and shut up. I used to do repair irrigation
systems. One of the more annoying things was someone telling me
how to do something I'd done dozens, maybe hundreds of times before.
Some would actually get in the way and "help". It's distracting at the
least.

Some repair shops have a sign:

Labor Rate;

$100/hr