Posted to alt.home.repair
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Cheap Chinese rubbish

"Frank" "frank wrote in message
On 1/7/2021 9:55 AM, rbowman wrote:
On 01/07/2021 04:58 AM, FromTheRafters wrote:
I did. We had some when we went to Australia. At least, that's what we
were told it was. I've had Bison too, it reminded me of the
horseburgers.

Bison is fairly common around here. It's very lean which isn't always a
good thing. I've had emu burgers iirc. The was a company promoting emus
as a growth industry at the Arizona state fair one year and they were
handing out samples. I don't think emu farming ever took off. At the time
the price for a breeding pair was ridiculous and even chicks were pricey.

Then there are Rocky Mountain oysters. I had those at the Rock Creek
Testicle Festival decades ago. Deep fried, rather tough, mystery meat as
far as I was concerned.

I have had bison and it was too lean otherwise but beef like in taste. I
had ostrich and it was also beef like but not as good. Had shark, don't
know what kind but it was tasty.

Quite a bit of our fish and chips was shark at one time.

Groundhog, maybe like chicken but tougher.

And quite a bit of south america eat guinea pigs.

And the chine eat cats, dogs, rats etc. And their neighbours
children in the worst of the famines. Its easier to swap kids
and eat the neighbours kids than to eat your own apparently.

All game animals are leaner than farm raised. Wild ducks and geese are
nothing like the fatty farm raised ones although a caribou steak I had was
quite juicy. I have seen a lot of fat on white tail deer but as any
hunter knows their fat is yucky and high melting point has it clinging to
the roof of your mouth.

Touring France the tour guide said it was rumored that McDonalds had horse
burgers but who knows.