Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default Not resigning to make sure bad things don't happen. `

On Friday, January 8, 2021 at 9:20:54 AM UTC-5, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 1/8/2021 7:25 AM, trader_4 wrote:
On Friday, January 8, 2021 at 6:12:52 AM UTC-5, micky wrote:
In alt.home.repair, on Thu, 7 Jan 2021 08:38:07 -0800 (PST), trader_4
wrote:

On Thursday, January 7, 2021 at 10:12:08 AM UTC-5, wrote:
On Thursday, January 7, 2021 at 8:16:36 AM UTC-5, micky wrote:
Someone on CNN is saying about Mick Mulvaney, who resigned to day as
envoy to Ireland, thaat with only 13 days left, it woudl be better if he
didn't resign but stayed around to paraphrasing, make sure bad things
don't happen.
How has that worked out so far? Bad things have happened anyway.
Mulvaney might as well join the stampede.

Cindy Hamilton

I had that discussion with Micky in the first year Trump was in office. I said
people should just refuse to work for him, to be part of what Trump was and
what he was doing, to not enable him. Micky said they were just good govt
officials, doing what was needed to keep the country running.
Again, I think you don't quite remember all that I said. I said they
could act as a restraing on the bad ideas of the president.

It's also interesting how guys like Mulvaney were OK being chief of staff, until
Trump ditched them and then chose to take another position. And then
just two weeks from being out of their position anyway, suddenly they find
the fortitude to resign. The ones that did the right thing were all the CEOs
and other people on Trump's three committees that resigned right after
Charlottesville.
That's the famous "honorable" thing, and it must be very unpleasant to
work for someone you despise,

Good grief, you actually think those cabinet members despise Trump? They
love Trump, they support his policies, they support most of what he's doing!
That's why he picked them.

Did they truly support him or did they support their own ego? Publicly
they certainly did but I'd bet a few sold their soul just to be on staff
and prestige.

I agree. It's probably a combination in most cases. And even the ones that
really liked Trump going in, after a few incidents with Trump, where he
embarrassed them, made them look like idiots, shamed them with some
of his despicable acts, they had to lose their enthusiasm. But I don't think
they were still there protecting the country, they were there like you say,
for themselves in most cases. Like Chao. She's been Sec of Transportation
for 4 years, through everything, Charlottesville, impeachment, Covid, but
now suddenly this is too much? It's not because she's out of the job in
two weeks anyway? And then she leaks to the press that had she stayed,
she would have voted to remove him if the 25th was invoked? Give us
a break. She bailed hoping to try to resurface in another plum position
and to avoid having to take a position on the 25th.