Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Bryan[_2_] John Bryan[_2_] is offline

Default How to remove cells from drill battery

In message
Chris Holmes wrote:

Hi All,

I am considering re-calling a 12V Drill battery.

I‘ve had a quick look, and hit a snag. I can‘t figure out how to get two
of the cells out of the ”turret•.

I have put a couple of pictures up on Flickr

https://www.flickr.com/photos/191689.../shares/56144v

Anyone any ideas?

Also, the battery is rated at 1.2AH (10 cells).

I assume I should buy 1200mAH cells to maintain the 1.2AH capacity?

TIA

Chris

I had a similar drill battery and pushing hard on the terminals
alternatively did remove the cells.
The exposed metal parts are spot welded to the cells. The third terminal
if there is a temperature sensor.
You have nothing to fear as the battery is no longer serviceable.

Good luck and Happy New Year.

--
John Bryan