barry martin

Default Phone Line Problem - Plea

Oktokie:

O I have problem with my curernt phone line!
O Phone line currently does not work. I cannot dial-out and when I
O dial-in, then I get busy signal.
O I've checked phone line from TNI and it appears to be working fine. The
O problem lies within TNI and after(my home's phone wiring). I've
O disassembed every RJ11 female wall socket in my home and checked for
O possible short within the socket wiring, but I found everything is okay.

You could disconnect all telephone devices (phones, answering
machines, caller ID units, etc., test with a known good phone, and
then start plugging things back in one at a time, checking for the
dial tone at each step.

As the RJ11 connectors are OK it may be a shorted cable connecting
them in the wall -- rodent?

O However, I should mention that I used to have 2 lines about 3 years ago.
O I had installed it about 4 years ago when I moved-in. I had the 2nd line
O for internet dial-up and when I got broadband then I've quickly switched
O and had 2nd line cancelled. For past 3 years, I had no problem using the
O phone, but recently, I started notice noise build up on the phone line
O and now it does not work!

As you probably know "Line 1" is the Red/Green (or equivalent) pair;
in the jacks they are the inner connectors. "Line 2" is the
Black/Yellow (or equiv.) pair, and are the outer connectors. I'm
wondering if perhaps the old Line 2 pair is still connected to the
pole (outside)?

Someone mentioned a 6" wire; maybe try replacing this with a
two-conductor (vs. four conductor) to test if the old Line 2 from
outside is causing problems. (If you look at the connector you'll see
either two or four metal connectors.)

-
¯ barry.martinþATþthesafebbs.zeppole.com ®

* BannedChildrensBook: Complete Set Of "MotherGotGoosed" Nursery Rhymes
---
þ RoseReader 2.52á P003186
þ The Safe BBS þ Bettendorf, IA 563-359-1971
---
þ RIMEGate(tm)/RGXMod V1.13 at BBSWORLD *