Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Decorating - hairline crack

In article ,
JohnP wrote:
"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in
:

In article l.net,
Dave Liquorice wrote:
Everything else I've tried seems to just crack again.

Thats indicates things are moving very slighly relative to each
other. I'd use decorators caulk between wall and arcitraves/skirting
as the timber will move either from vibration from the door and/or
variations in humidty.

Assuming it is a crack on the skim between two sheets, it's safe to
assume it's moving. And will move again.

Ordinary filler is fine where there is zero movement.

I don't think it is moving - initial shrinkage I think.

Then use any old filler. Only time will tell.

--
*Proofread carefully to see if you any words out or mispeld something *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.