Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Decking over a tile / concrete slab

On 1/6/2021 7:31 PM, Ethan Brown wrote:
Hi Ed, sorry I am really new to this type of thing. What do you mean by
a synthetic 2 x 4? Thanks for the thought on the gunk building up
underneath, something I hadnt considered. I am just trying to
understand how to keep the wood off the concrete slab and what approach
would be best? Cheers

Right, synthetic
https://www.markstaar.com/2-x-4-x-8-...mber-2496.html

Even pressure treated on concrete will deteriorate over time.
Depending on cost and height needed you could double up on Trex.

If you plan to move in five years, most anything will work but if it is
long term, go for rot proof.