Posted to alt.home.repair
Tekkieİ Tekkieİ is offline

Default how much more should I keep rewashing this blanket! UPDATE

On Mon, 4 Jan 2021 11:30:29 -0500, Witherspoon posted for all of us to
digest...

A quick update on this comforter. After thoroughly drying it last
night, I was going to try it out on the bed, but it still had a smell so
decided to try a vinegar, baking soda, soap soak in the sink overnight.
Today, still some brown residue so drained, filled and did several hand
washes and rinses. No matter how many times rinsed, still some brown
residue. It looks like small particles in the water each time. Only
guess I can make is that something in the comforter is dissolving each
time it is washed. Maybe the dissolving started when it was in the bin
in outdoor protected storage so long. Anyway, trashed it after 6 or so
times trying to wash in the sink. Time to get a new one.

I was just thinking... If it's synthetic maybe it's just the filling breaking
down and deteriorating? I think 86ing it was the best idea. China has plenty of
cheap ones to replace it

--
Tekkie