Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Some sort of restraint or chain

Well plastic chains used to be used as restraints on lids. Its a pity Sony
did not fit one on those little hinged doors on their VCRS.
Brian

The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"williamwright" wrote in message
I have this thing; it has a control panel on the top surface, so if it
rains the switches etc will get wet. I've made a hinged cover from perspex.
That's fine, except that when it's open it can fall back and might get
damaged. The perspex cover is 400 on the hinge side by 125mm. Below the
cover the control panel is only 35mm down. So there isn't much room for any
sort of sliding arm that would limit how far the lid can open. I was
wondering about some sort of miniature chain. Does anyone have any
experience of this problem, or know where I could buy a chain with
fittings, or can think of any other solution?

Bill