Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Flickering LED light tent

Because it says constant current it sounds to me like there are no series
resistors or current limiting in the leds. If you bung on a supply, say
unregulated or regulated, you could end up with a lot of dead burned out
leds. As for serviceable, well that very much depends on your abilities and
whether you can get the psu apart. Flickering is odd, sounds like it might
be just a capacitor inside the unit to me, but beware, there are many
designs all of which are pretty lethal when uncased, especially if its
switch mode.
Brian

The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"R D S" wrote in message
The LEDs are flickering in a light tent (Puluz 60cm)

If I buy a new power supply it's either going to take an age or cost a
bucket in shipping.
Output 12V 2A 'constant current', dimmable.

So,
Why might it be flickering? Are these things servicable?

Does it matter if I replace it with something different that isn't
constant current but constant voltage?
Because I can't seem to find a 24W constant current driver operating at
12V, is that going to matter?

Any input.....