Posted to alt.home.repair
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default How to know if there is voicemail.

wrote in message
On Tue, 05 Jan 21 09:20:10 UTC, micky wrote:

I have a home phone, wired, but supplied by Verizon Fios.
How can I know if I have voicemail waiting without picking up the phone?
Like a light or a beeper.
I'm willing to buy something.

Our Panasonic cordless handsets indicate "Missed Call"
on the little lcd display - but not specifically "Voicemail".
So it kinda sorta half-works .. lets us know when to pick up
and check for the voicemail dashing dialtone.

Why do you find that picking up the handset
to check for voicemails such a chore ?

Because its much more convenient
to just notice a flashing led instead.

I do it a couple times per day for just checking ...
after I've been away for a few hours sometimes
when I get up in the morning - not a big deal.

But much more convenient to just
notice a flashing led instead.