Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] nothanks@aolbin.com is offline

Default Some sort of restraint or chain

On 05/01/2021 03:56, williamwright wrote:
I have this thing; it has a control panel on the top surface, so if it
rains the switches etc will get wet. I've made a hinged cover from
perspex. That's fine, except that when it's open it can fall back and
might get damaged. The perspex cover is 400 on the hinge side by 125mm.
Below the cover the control panel is only 35mm down. So there isn't much
room for any sort of sliding arm that would limit how far the lid can
open. I was wondering about some sort of miniature chain. Does anyone
have any experience of this problem, or know where I could buy a chain
with fittings, or can think of any other solution?

Bill

A search for "small cupboard stay" (perhaps mounted externally) or
"sprung hinge" (use them to bias the cover open and have a latch to hold
it down).
Alternatively, arrange for the cover to slide sideways, or pivot it in
one corner so that it swings out of the way and is held in place by a
latch of some sort.