Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Christmas display

On 12/18/20 8:56 PM, wrote:
On Fri, 18 Dec 2020 11:01:59 -0600, notX
wrote:

On 12/18/20 6:51 AM, Dean Hoffman wrote:

[snip]

Â*Â*Â*Â*Â* I should look for a lighted cross to stick in the window.Â* That's
what it's ultimately about.Â* Maybe there will be an after Christmas
sale.

Shouldn't the season be marked by something other than a symbol of
torture and death?

That is true. The cross is an Easter symbol, not Christmas.

I was flipping through the channels one day and happened across
a preacher who was talking about the significance of the presents the
Wise Men brought.
Gold might be the most obvious. It's valuable and something one would
give a king. It's the symbol of highest respect.
Frankincense was used in the temple for worship.
Myrrh was used for several things. One of those was to prepare the
body for burial.