Posted to uk.d-i-y
AnthonyL AnthonyL is offline

Default Mobile phone

On Sun, 03 Jan 2021 10:32:51 +0000 (GMT), "Dave Liquorice"
wrote:

On Wed, 30 Dec 2020 22:43:39 GMT, AnthonyL wrote:

Only if you've let Apple/Google have your data (I don't) or run

your
own cloud/sync server (I do). Or use something like "My Phone
Explorer".

I try to avoid cloud - how do you do your sync?

For the server end orginally OwnCloud running on my server. Now using
NextCloud but still on my server. Android phone/tablet uses DAVx5
(formerly DAVDroid).

Thanks - I'll have to have a look though I want to run the server side
on my main machine (laptop). Currently I am using radicale both under
Win10 and dual booted Linux with the data on a shared partition. It
seems ok but there are idiosyncrasies and I don't know whether they
are server software based, client based or Davx5 (using the FDroid
rep).

Recurring tasks don't seem well handled but that might be the Open
Tasks app on Android.

Makes me realise how well Microsoft Outlook (XP) and my Windows CE
phone sync worked for all these (13+) yrs.

--
AnthonyL

Why ever wait to finish a job before starting the next?