Posted to alt.computer.workshop,alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y,sci.electronics.basics

Default Cheap Chinese rubbish

Yes I suspect a capacitor was at fault here, Inductors tend to smell short
out and die quite silently.

I often wonder if these new lamps with inbuilt electronics are ever tested
on real life mains voltages, as you do get large spikes up to 1000v at times
on the mains.
Brian

The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Fred" wrote in message

"Commander Kinsey" wrote in message
news
An LED striplight. After 1 month, BANG! A puff of smoke and a hole
blown in the side of it. What I think used to be an inductor has
exploded with enough force to rupture the casing. Funny thing is, it
continued to work for a day, and now works if I tap it.

Inductors don't usually explode.

https://i.imgur.com/U1AxIet.jpg