Posted to uk.d-i-y
RJH[_2_] RJH[_2_] is offline

Default Best modern replacement for 5' T12 fluorescent battern fitting

On 2 Jan 2021 at 14:32:35 GMT, "Andy Burns" wrote:

Dave Plowman wrote:

When installed originally, was very happy with the workbench lighting.
Don't want to accept anything inferior 30 years on.;-)

There are 6500K LED tubes with 95 CRI available, but they seem to be
expensive ($140), only 2-4 foot long and on sale in the USA rather than
the UK, seem to be aimed at art studios not workshops ...

I bought an off-the-shelf LED tube from Lidl to replace the kitchen
fluorescent. Aside from an instant start and /slightly/ whiter light I don't
notice any difference.

I think some people are more susceptible to differences real and perceived. My
thing is sound. Sounds that other people don't notice can drive me up the
wall.

--
Cheers, Rob