Posted to alt.home.repair
RosemontCrest[_4_] RosemontCrest[_4_] is offline

Default Cheap Chinese rubbish

On 1/2/2021 10:38 PM, Clare Snyder wrote:
On Sat, 02 Jan 2021 23:17:48 -0600, Jim Joyce
wrote:

On Sat, 2 Jan 2021 22:14:31 -0500, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 1/2/2021 9:00 PM, wrote:
On Sat, 2 Jan 2021 19:50:15 -0500, Ralph Mowery
wrote:

In article ,
says...

Do you blame China or Harbor Freight? HF wants to sell stuff cheap.
Much of it is junk, Some will get you through that one time project and
they crap out. HF does have some good buys if you are careful, I've
bought some good knives and air fittings but I'd not buy a new car there.

I blame the American public. Sometimes even myself.

I have some HF tools here and even keep the $ 29.95 tool set in my
truck. I look on them as use one time in an emergency type items. Only
used the ratchet one time to help a fellow put his fan belt back on a
car. The kind that has a pully with a strong spring that has to be
pulled back. Out of about 20 men I was the only one that had a tool
that could be used.

For a home owner like me that may use a tool once or twice they are ok,
but if I made my living with tools, I would go to another brand.

I do buy (more like used to as I have most tools I need now ) mostly the
Craftsman tools for home use.

I think that is a strange policy. If you are on the side of the road
or stuck out on the water in your boat and you have one chance to get
going again, the last thing you want is a marginal tool .

Hard to disagree with that but a marginal tool did the job where others
had no tool. What do you keep in your car? I have a screwdriver and
flashlight.

In one car, I have jumper cables, a rag, a flashlight that I haven't
checked in several years, and two phone charging cables. In the second
vehicle, I just have a phone charging cable. I carry nothing on the
motorcycle.

Hey, I can always serve as a bad example.

Forgot - I have flashlights and LED safety flares in both vehicles as
well.

Well, I carry two of everything that anyone has so far mentioned. I also
carry in my Miata a 24-ton floor jack, a 6000 Watt multi-fuel generator
with 200 gallon fuel tank, four 8000 Watt aircraft landing lights, and
two boxes of strike-anywhere matches.

Oh, and two finger nail clippers... and shovels! Don't forget the
shovels! I also carry two first-aid kits complete with at least two of
everything I will never need.

The rest of you may be ill prepared, but I'm not!