Posted to alt.home.repair
Clare Snyder Clare Snyder is offline

Default Cheap Chinese rubbish

On Sat, 2 Jan 2021 23:17:34 -0500, Ralph Mowery
wrote:

In article ,
says...

I should buy a Baofeng to play with. If nothing else I could liberate
the RDA1846 and drive it with an Arduino. For serious work I'll stick
with my Yaesu FT-60.

I have 2 of the Baofengs. One is a dual band and the other is a 3 band
with the 220 mhz band on it. They work fine for what I use them for.
Mainly just to go to hamfest with several others and keep in touch or
carry it to my repeater to give it a final test before leaving.

For my use the only thing I complain about is the display that resembles
a S meter. It is either full scale or not at all.

Sounds like a Ford "oil pressure guage"