Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Cheap Chinese rubbish

On 1/2/2021 6:13 PM, wrote:
On Sat, 2 Jan 2021 16:57:10 -0500, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

That may happen but my experience has been different. I've only bought
tooling, all one off stuff. Quality is equal to both US and European
versions. Cost is 30% less and lead time is half.

I suppose if you use Harbor Fright as a tool sample, you will find the
cheapest models are real junk and might not even get you through that
"one time" project but if you kick it up a few notches and buy the
more expensive tool, they seem OK. I have been using the hell out of
the purple brad nailer for 10 years. The red one went in the trash
within a month. It was only useful to tell me I will use a brad nailer
a lot if I have one.

Do you blame China or Harbor Freight? HF wants to sell stuff cheap.
Much of it is junk, Some will get you through that one time project and
they crap out. HF does have some good buys if you are careful, I've
bought some good knives and air fittings but I'd not buy a new car there.