Posted to uk.d-i-y
Caecilius[_2_] Caecilius[_2_] is offline

Default Best modern replacement for 5' T12 fluorescent battern fitting

On Sat, 2 Jan 2021 17:10:38 +0000, alan_m
wrote:

On 01/01/2021 14:49, Caecilius wrote:

I'd be interested to know what brands you use.

Many of my panels are generic cheap designs from eBay.
Over the past few years they have become cheaper.
The one in my main living room actually came from B&Q. Chinese - but
with a large metal back-plate to which a driver and bespoke led strip is
fitted giving adequate heat-sinking. The rest of it is thin plastic
which looks more than OK.

Thanks. I hadn't thought of using cheap eBay panels, but as you say
that's what the sheds are using anyway.