Posted to uk.d-i-y
Fredxx[_4_] Fredxx[_4_] is offline

Default Best modern replacement for 5' T12 fluorescent battern fitting

In article ,
Fredxx wrote:
On 30/12/2020 11:20, Caecilius wrote:
I've got a 5 foot T12 fluorescent tube in my utility room that needs
to be replaced. It's a 65W tube (marked F65W / 54-765 / RS) that
gives 4200 lumens when new according to the specification.

I was considering a T8 battern with LED replacement tube, but it seems
these have now been superceeded by integrated LED battern fittings.
Not a problem if the integrated LEDs & driver last for years, but I'm
a bit wary as I've had a few LED candle bulbs fail within a year with
occasional use despite being rated for 20,000 hours.

What's the group's recommended modern option for T12 fluorescent tube
replacement? Any types or brands to look to or to steer clear of?

Why not simply replace the tube and started with an LED variety?

I see TLC have recently introduced 6ft replacement LED tubes. Might give
them a try. Have a fitting which was originally T12 and T8 replacements
take much longer to start.

I was going to say even Toolstation has started stocking a 6ft LED tube
but it's out of stock in most stores:
https://www.toolstation.com/led-glass-tube/p79168