Posted to uk.d-i-y
Fredxx[_4_] Fredxx[_4_] is offline

Default DIY oxygen treatment? Just in case the NHS runs out.....

On 01/01/2021 16:07, GB wrote:
On 01/01/2021 14:39, Fredxx wrote:
On 01/01/2021 11:16, GB wrote:
On 31/12/2020 18:44, Fredxx wrote:

You beat me to it. I have 3 of the machines.

You use them all at once, or you keep them in different rooms, to
save carting them around?

Or, maybe you are just an ardent collector?

For oxy-propane cutting or heating they replace a bottle, it's rental
and cost of (re)filling.

And there I was, feeling really sorry for you.

I'm really pleased that's all it is.

Oh yes, I hadn't thought of that interpretation! That's kind of you. :-)

I have a cutting torch which when used in non-cutting mode heats very
effectively. A more standard jet can be used for glass blowing on soda
and borosilicate glasses.

Unfortunately oxy-propane isn't quite hot enough to melt steel. For that
it's a MIG.