Posted to uk.d-i-y
newshound newshound is offline

Default Best modern replacement for 5' T12 fluorescent battern fitting

On 01/01/2021 12:48, alan_m wrote:
On 31/12/2020 09:43, Caecilius wrote:

I think sometimes it's the case that there are lots of options though.
In these cases I prefer articles that detail the options so I can
determine the best one for my situation rather than "salesy" articles
that say "this is the best option for all use cases".

Often the worst option is to retrofit a LED bulb into an existing
fitting designed for for "conventional" bulbs such as downlighters.

Without adequate free air ventilation or a large enough heat-sink the
heat will kill LEDs and LED electronics.

Agreed, but "ordinary" LED bulbs work very well in those awful "triple
spotlite" disks and bars that were designed for ancient reflector
spotlights. (It's only my total lack of taste that has stopped me
replacing these in my office, my wife's sewing room, and an attic)