Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Why only cloth masks

On 1/1/21 12:24 AM, micky wrote:
OT? Why is it that everyone one sees on the news, politicians of both
parties and others, is wearing a cloth mask rather than an N95 or even
KN95 mask?

You can tell by looking that they are cloth.

But in addition, all N95 masks have, aiui, rubber bands around the head
rather than earloops. KN95 masks seem to all have earloops and I'm not
sure why, but afaik they all seem to be "beak" masks and no one on the
news is wearing that.

Is it just because they can't get N95 masks? I try not to be cynical
but when did that stop a US Senator, esp. for example McConnell?

A cynic might suggest it's mainly for their image. They want to
look like
common people who have lost their lively hoods and can't go to a restaurant
to sit down to eat.