Posted to uk.d-i-y
alan_m alan_m is offline

Default Best modern replacement for 5' T12 fluorescent battern fitting

On 31/12/2020 11:42, Caecilius wrote:

I'm not sure how flat panels look on flat domestic ceilings though - a
lot of them seem to be designed for office suspended ceilings.

Many of my light fittings are of the panel type. All mine are surface
mount (mounted beneath a flat ceiling) but I have different designs
including "designer" type more suited for living rooms.

Also consider the colour temperature of the LEDs. Although this is down
to personal preference I like cool/daylight/blue LEDS for places I'm
working such as a kitchen. I also prefer this end of the spectrum for
when I'm reading as it gives better contrast to the page. In my main
living room I have a large circular panel where the colour temperature
can be changed.