Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Fireworks at new year

On 01/01/2021 11:03, Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Fri, 1 Jan 2021 09:45:58 +0000, Tim Lamb wrote:

Similar mentality to the how many Christmas lights can I fit on the
front of my house?

Well I tend to agree that some random collection of inflatable
santas, static reindeer frame works and miscellaneous set of flashing
lights is decidely tacky a good display on the other hand:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szLmAPW39uE

That's from 2005 and is probably incandesant light sets. Technolgy
has moved on:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VY9vcUhcNIo

Ghastly ghastly compression on the backing track. Techno at its worst

2020 indiavidually addressable RGB LEDs.

What we should so is have exterior building cladding that comprises LCD
displays of e.g. mountain scenery to get rid of the ghastliness of low
rent urban landscapes.

--
"What do you think about Gay Marriage?"
"I don't."